Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Progress on the Shirt Quilt

Working on it ...


The other day, I made a stack of 15" squares, from long, skinny pieces of shirts ...


So, I started out with a variety of these:


Sliced diagonally ...


Sliced diagonally again ...


Aaaaand, I've got a couple big stacks of triangles. 
The idea is to sew two triangles into a square (over and over) and then sew a bunch of squares into rows (over and over) and end up with a really cool quilt top.


So far, I've only stitched seven squares together ... and laid them out quilty-style. 
So far, I like it.

I think I started out with 31 big striped squares (15" each), sliced them each into 4 triangles, giving me 124 triangles. Each "little" square takes two of those triangles, so I think that gives me 62 little squares(?) around 10" square each(?). Something like that. I'm trying not to get too wrapped up in the details ...








1 comment:

  1. I've been spending the last week, cutting, up my husbands old work shirts preparing to make first some pillow cases with the larger backs of the shirts then quilting the rest. I love your quilt and tutorial - it's absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...